Saturday, July 16, 2022

Saturday 9

I had a great time at camp in Texas. I will share pictures later.
Oh and besides bringing craft stuff back, I also came back with Covid!
So, I am resting and being taken care of by my family while in isolation.
It feels like a cold, stuffy nose, low grade fever and sinus pressure.
My appetite is good, and I can taste what they are making me. Lots of soup!




Saturday 9: Brandy (1972)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song opens in a bar where lonely sailors reminisce about their homes. How long have you lived at your current residence? Does it feel like home?
It will be 7 years. I do miss my last home. Anyplace your family is, is home.

2) Brandy is a waitress at the bar. Have you ever worked at a job where you received tips? No
 
3) Brandy wears a locket on a braided chain. Are you wearing any jewelry as you answer these 9 questions?  I have 4 piercings in each ear and each one has an earring. I have 3 rings on and my Fitbit watch,

4) According to the lyrics, the sailors seem to prefer whisky or wine. What's your go-to adult beverage? I rarely drink. Once in a while I will share a margarita with my husband. I am a light weight
and am several meds. It is not good for diabetes or osteoporosis.

5) This song was such a big hit that, after its release, Brandy became a popular name for newborn girls. Do you know anyone named Brandy? No.

6) Barry Manilow scored a hit in 1974 with "Mandy." That song was initially called "Brandy," but it was changed to avoid confusion with this record. Do you have a favorite Barry Manilow song? I do love Many. I had a dog by that name. I also like Copacabana
 
7) In 1972, when this song was popular, residents of South Dakota endured a catastrophic flood when Rapid Creek overflowed. Give us a little geography lesson: what body of water is nearest you? Newport Beach on the Pacific Ocean. It is about 34 miles away. I have a spa and two birdbaths at home if you want the closest.
 
8) Also in 1972, the first women were permitted to run in the Boston marathon. Have you ever visited Boston? Yes in 2008 while on a New England Cruise.

9) Random summertime question: Would you prefer to swim in a pool, a lake/river, or the ocean? A pool, but I love to go to the beach. Any body of water is peaceful.

11 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

I'm so sorry you're under the weather! That's not the kind of souvenir you wanted to bring home.

I love that you answered bird bath. :)

Stacy said...

My only visit to Boston was while on a cruise, too. It was a much too short visit. Boston was such a beautiful city and there is so much there I'd love to explore.

Sorry you came back from camp with Covid, but thank the Lord it is a mild case. Take care and feel better soon!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad that you had fun at craft camp, but sorry that you ended up with Covid. It's everywhere still it seems. I hope you have a mild case and are better soon. Have a good weekend. Let us know how you are doing. See you again soon.

Diana_CT said...

#4 A margarita is bad for diabetes, but I shouldn't talk because I have been making virgin strawberry daiquiris lately.
#9 Ha! Peaceful? You haven't been on a Cape Cod beach, it is standing room only!

Lori said...

I like Copacabana too.
Gang it! I am sorry you have covid. I am glad your symptoms are tolerable. So many people here have it. I hope you feel better soon. Prayers for you. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

I am sorry you are ill. I hope you feel better soon and have no complications!

Kwizgiver said...

Hope to hear more about your adventures! I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery!

~Pam~ said...

HI Susan!
Hope you feel better soon!! I love that song Brandy, one of my favorite oldie songs. I blogged today. xoxox

zippiknits...sometimes said...

"Any place your family is, is home." I so understand this....Really sorry you are not feeling well.
And yes, gazing out over the water, just being near it, is so good for the spirit. We are about 10 miles from the ocean now, so I miss biking to it and always will.

Mari said...

I'm sorry you have covid. I'll be praying for you to heal quickly.
The beach is prettiest to look at, the pool is best for swimming is what I think. :)

Linda said...

Sorry you caught Covid in Texas!!