It is 10:41 and there was no link for Tuesday 4. I hope Annie is not sick. But I was for 2 weeks and I hardly had energy to even blog. My mind has been on Toni. Toni made her last entry on Dec. 12, 2019. We were also friends on Instagram. Toni loved her family, poetry, Peanuts and her graphics. She was a beautiful woman of God.
Toni and I met well over 15 years ago through a country graphic community where everyone had a website. We all visited each others web homes. There was a welcome page that the visitor could read the daily happenings. We had guest pages to leave messages an gifts. We all had fun decorating our webhome. We sent each other gifts and we would leave Christmas cards and siggies. We supported each other. Women were from all over the world. Everyone was encouraging and we shared tips and other things. We were a community. Then Blogger came out and it was free so some people moved to that. But people were blogging. Then Facebook came out and that virtually ended the Webhome. I am a dinosaur. I still have my site, Susan's Garden of Friendship At our old webhomes, we had whole sections dedicated to certain seasons like Christmas and Fall. Lots of us had recipes and traditions to share. I like to go back and look at the stories I shared. I can go back and visit Christmas from back in 2002.
One of the Christmas pages I did was on Nativities I collected. Both graphics and real. Toni send me hers to add to my page. Click on her ornament to go to my Nativity page. I sure miss her!



12 comments:
It's always so hard to lose a friend. I love blogging - even after all these years. I have meet some of the very nicest people I know in blogland, including YOU! Have a wonderful day, Susan!
Such beautiful memories. I love your nativities both real and virtual.
Great memories, I have similar ones. I hate it that Facebook came along and ruined everything. I've also been watching for Tuesday 4, still nothing. I sure hope Annie is ok!
I didn't know you knew Toni. I just came on this morning to see if Annie has posted Tuesday 4 questions because I didn't see them yesterday. I pray that Annie is okay. I love your Nativity page!
I am so sorry to hear about Toni. I know who she was, but I did not know her. I also know someone who died from Covid.I will be happy when this pandemic is in the past. I am glad you are feeling better. I hope you have a very merry Christmas, Susan! <3
Susan, I remember those days of web sites. I met some awesome friends then including you and Toni. It didn't natter that we'd never laid eyes on each other. We were still the best of friends! I went to Annie's site and didn't see any new entry for Tuesday 4. Have a blessed day.
Oh mercy... so sad to loose a friend.
I had a website too and met lots of friends, we shared and decorated our websites. It was
so much fun.
Websites seem to have disappeared so now I have a Blog and have met a lot of nice Bloggers,
including you.
I closed my Facebook account a long time ago.
I can't find a Tuesday4Meme either. I hope Annie is all right.
Have a great day my friend.
Loved your blog today, it was great learning about your friednship with Toni. She was such a nice lady and very talented. Merry Christmas.
I sure miss the website days. I hung onto mine for a long time. I wish I were still in touch with everyone. Facebook just isn't the same as emailing with people daily. I miss Toni too. I think about her all of the time. ♥ Your Christmas Card from me is in the mail. I miss doing that too with all of our country website friends. That and remember the ornament exchange we did? Julie from Australia had my name, so I always tell the story about the ornament she sent saying it came all the way from Australia. It was so nice meeting people from all around the world. Nice stroll down memory lane. Thanks for that! ♥
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I was never on a site until blogger, so I missed all that. I have met some really wonderful people through blogging though, including you!
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
Blogging was definitely more of a community back in the early days than it is now. There are still good friends to be made, but it just doesn't have the same feel. I am glad you are feeling better and my thoughts are with all of you who knew Toni so well.
Post a Comment