The Times Square ball first dropped on December 31, 1907. It is 12 feet in diameter and covered with Swarovski crystals.
1. Despite the weirdness of this past year, was it still a good year for you anyway or not? Every year I ask the Lord to show me a word for the year. He gave me the word Peace. Little did I know how His peace kept me calm. This year showed me that family is so important. I really miss my extended family and thankful that everyone has been okay except that we all miss our get gatherings. It was good because we stayed close in spite of the political differences. I was able to get a lot of Bible reading in. I had fun in my crafty group and went on a virtual cruise and camp. I was able to make new friends and we exchanged craft projects.
2. How will you spend New Years Eve? Here at home watching tv and maybe crafting.
3. What do you do on New Year's Day? Is football part of the agenda? We normally watch the Rose Parade but there will be no live event because of Covid. But there will be a special on the parade. "The show will showcase "spectacular floats from years past," as well as a
behind-the-scenes look into the making of flower-laden displays that
are the trademark of the Pasadena parade. I have had the opportunity to work on two floats that were done by the US Postal Service. The floats are kept in huge warehouses and it is very cold in there to help the flowers stay fresh. They served hot Doctor Pepper with lime and it was actually good!
4. It's a Scottish tradition to kiss at midnight. Do you keep that tradition? Does everyone get a kiss if you do? Nope, hubby goes to bed early.



11 comments:
We are like your hubby, we never stay up until midnight anymore.
For us, New Year's Eve is a non-event. We are not partiers. We might watch a movie or more likely, sit on the couch and read. We are boring people, I guess. ;-) We will probably be in bed before midnight, then all the fireworks and poppers people let off will wake us up. I hope you have a very Happy New Year! I enjoy reading your blog!
We haven't been staying up the last year or so either, unknown if we'll make if this year or not. How interesting about the Dr. Pepper! That show about the parade sounds really good.
I'm sad there won't be a parade to watch this time. When I was a kid though I hated the Rose parade because back then (1960s) it was on every channel which met all my cartoons were on. We drink hot Dr. Pepper for sore throats and it's so soothing.
I will miss the parade this year. It is my favorite...so pretty! Happy New Year! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I enjoyed your answers today.
We will watch football on New Year's Day.
Wishing you and your family a great New Year!
Happy New Year!
Wake that hubby up! lol You can never go wrong starting the New Year with a kiss :) Thanks for stopping by.
Colletta
How nice that you got to work on floats! That's amazing. I can't go to bed early as I like seeing the new year come in so much.
You went on a virtual cruise? Do tell!
That is so cool that you worked on floats. The Rose Parade is my favorite. My mom and stepdad saw it in person a couple of years ago when they were out in CA to catch a cruise. They also got to go behind the scenes the night before and have a meal and meet some of the dignitaries after the parade. I think they enjoyed it except for being packed in like sardines in the bleachers for the actual parade.
I'll be starting my new Bible study on New Year's Day, too. It just arrived today. "The Bible in 52 Weeks." I already started my new Passion Planner since it included this week in the first week. Gives me some time to practice. lol
So funny, you response to #4 made me remember that we still do what we have done for years. Myself being a country girl, we would go outside and ring bells or for. Us, we’d beat on pots and pans. Hubs and I still do this occasionally. Even though we now live in the city. Not too sure how well it is appreciated, but folks in the neighborhood shoot off fireworks so.. what can I say. Once a country gal, always a country gal. But you asked about planners. I do the Christian planner and I look forward this week to laying out the beginning pages.. my plans for year, etc. but I also love to journal so I was watching this vlog. https://youtu.be/4NV5l1QhqvM
Now. This blogger and I share a different mindset, she is quite a free spirit, but the actual laying out of her journal. I think is very exciting and creative. So I hope to get into being more creative in my journalling and even use some water coloring in it.
I, too have chosen a word for 2021...”intentional”. I really hope to stay focused on being much more intentional in several areas and responsibilities in my life this year.
Anyway, I loved your answers and so look forward to making more connections and sharing in the new year! God bless!
Post a Comment