Tuesday, May 12, 2020


Welcome to Tuesday 4 in honor and memory of Toni Taddeo.
Questions to Think About

1. What kind of setting do you like in a book as in nation, country, city, beach, resort, village and why? If there is no preference, how about a type of character? I use to be an avid reader. I enjoy historical fiction, and especially that of a biblical nature. My favorite series is The Left Behind Series that chronicles the events of the world after the Rapture. I enjoy a light mystery, because it challenges me to think. I like books that have been made into movies like Gone With The Wind and Little Women. I don't read much except for my Bible and books for bible studies I am involved with.

2. Can you tell us about a favorite character in a book you've enjoyed or a program you watch? I like Tom Sellecks character in Blue Blood. A sensible man that is wise, truthful and even tempered. He is a man that shows great character.

3. Why are you interested in the TV programs or movies you watch or books you read ? That is, what attracts you to them. I do like to watch a lot of tv programs. I like medical shows like Grey's Anatomy, Chicago Med, The Resident, The Good Doctor and New Amsterdam. I like when the shows do cross over. Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD. Each has a focus on the Essential workers and how they are all needed in the city. I like to see 911 and the Rookie. Hubby and I like to watch Blue Bloods and we were sad to see the end of Hawaii Five 0. Hubby and I like to see Survivor and Dances with the Stars.
I spend a lot of time with my bible journaling/devotions/crafting. Right now I am only reading my Bible and just finished Judges. This will be my 4th time reading through the Bible.


4. Do you get upset if the routine of your day is upset or can you go with the flow? I am retired and I take each day as it comes. We have the grands right now since there is no school. We try to keep them on a schedule based on what my daughter has given them. The Covid 19 pandemic has curtailed my social activities, but I am not bored. I keep my self busy and now that the weather is nice, I am enjoying time in the backyard.

Click Here to see my Reading Room page.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

My husband and I like Blue Bloods and The Rookie too! Lately he's been watching Magnum P.I. It stars Tom Selleck when he was much younger! I also loved the Left Behind series! I read my Bible every morning at breakfast, but instead of reading all the way through, I start in both the Old and New Testaments: Genesis 1 and Matthew 1. And the next day I'll read Genesis 2 and Matthew 2. It gives me some of the history, and prophesy of the coming Christ, and then Christ Himself. Right now I'm in Jeremiah and Luke. I hope you have a great day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I do remember reading the Left Behind books. I like the medical shows too but I do not like the crossovers, usually because I can't tape them because I have to many other shows I watch. Well having the grandchildren is a nice thing for you.

Stacy said...

I loved the Left Behind books...at least the first few of them. After a while it seemed like they were just cranking them out and not taking the time to do a really good job with the writing. I was invested, though, so I kept reading them until Jesus came back. I was hoping they'd make a sequel to the movie with Nicolas Cage in it. They sort of set it up that way.