I like all three. When I was 12, my parents along with my 2 siblings and my grandparents took a train to Colorado from California. My grandfather did not want to fly and I did not like the idea either back then. It was such a fun experience. It was winter of 1968 and there was a lot of snow everywhere. I remember one evening we slowed down and mom and I were walking and we decided to look out the window. We saw a couple of deer peering our way. I liked the dining car and the observation deck. I liked walking down the isles while going from car to car. I remember my little brother wearing an outfit that included cowboy boots and a space jump suit. They gave him a train engineer hat and he was so happy. It was a great experience! I am a person that likes movement, so I don't get motion sickness.
When my husband and I took a cruise to Alaska, we stopped at Skagway. We took a tour by bus to a replica gold mining camp. The bus then went up to Canada. We got on a train and had our passports checked. Then we went back down and it was a wonderful experience! I have been on 3 cruises and want to go again. I was very reluctant to fly until I was 40. I really enjoyed my first flight to Las Vegas and I was also sitting facing the opposite way. I remember saying"This is better than Star Tours!" People laughed because they new I was first time flyer. So glad I did. I have been to Hawaii 4 times. We flew to New Jersey and took the Lincoln tunnel to Manhattan. After a few days we boarded a cruise ship and went up the New England Coast to Canada. In the summer of 2018 I flew to San Jose to meet my cousin who was staying in Walnut Creek. We took the Bart train to San Francisco and it went under the San Fransisco Bay! So I enjoy all three ways!
2. The Orient Express is super luxurious with 5 star accommodations including real bedrooms, cocktail bars, etc. It stops along a route that includes, London, Paris, Berlin, Bucharest, Venice, Paris, Prague and Istanbul. Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express is set on the train. You can choose your itinerary from the lists their site offers. Of the places shown here, which cities interest you the most and why? If I had a chance to do this, I would do it all! There is so much rich history. If I could go to the Holy Land by way of Istanbul, I would chose that.
3. Do you think you would enjoy a cruise? Where would you go?As I mentioned, I have been on three cruises. The first one was a 3 day Baja cruise and it was a lot of fun but it went too fast! I really enjoyed the Alaska Cruise I went on with my husband and church friends in 2006. I saw so many great things including the Northern Lights. in 2008, my dad asked my sister and I to join him and my mom on a New England Cruise. Dad had booked a Mediterranean cruise, but had to cancel because of mom's Alzheimers. He did not want to lose his deposit so he changed it to a New England cruise. I was so excited to see New York and the cruise was fun too. I was able to sail by the Statue of Liberty several times. I got up real early as we came back to New York harbor so I could see the Statue of Liberty. Hubby and I want to take the Mexican Rivera Maya cruise next. I would like to take a 10 day cruise that goes to the Yucatan. We looked into a Disney cruise but they are very expensive!
4. Given the time and the choice and money being no object will you travel to Europe via plane or luxury liner? Luxury liner for sure!



6 comments:
Great photo!! No cruise for me, I'll take a train...oh maybe a yacht, no big boat, grin. Have a beautiful day, friend.
Hi Susan! Did Toni come visit you when she was living in California? Gosh she loved trains. I am with you on your answer to #2!!! Loved your answers! Have a nice week!
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I've never been on a cruise, but neither of us think we would like it. But a train trip, that sounds like fun!
Your Alaska cruise sounds so wonderful!!
Not quite the same New England cruise. We sailed out of Baltimore and didn't go to NY at all. Our cruise was 10 days. I'd like to go again sometime. Same cruise. I do more in Boston and Maine and probably spend more time chilling on the ship at the other ports because it wouldn't be as busy at the pool and such.
Wow, you have been a busy traveler! I enjoyed reading about your adventures.
Post a Comment