What's Love Got to Do with It is also the title of Tina Turner's film biography, which tells of Tina's
escape from her abusive, controlling husband, Ike. October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Spread the word.
1)
The video was shot around New York City in spring. Kids are seen
jumping rope. Were you good at jump rope? Has it ever been part of your
workout routine as an adult? I remember playing jump rope when I was in grade school. In the summer of 1979, my sister and I worked as Day Camp Counselors. I remember the girls playing double dutch jump rope and it was fun to watch. They asked me to jump in and it was fun while I tried and I am sure I gave them a good laugh!
2) In real life, Tina Turner played basketball for her school. Were you good at team sports? Yes I was. I played competitive sports all through high school. I enjoyed riding on the bus to play other schools in our district. I played short stop and 3rd base in baseball. I was on the basket ball team and though short, I was able to sneak under the taller girls and know the ball out of their hands. I was fast on the court too! I loved playing field hockey the most.
3)
In the video, Tina Turner wears a little black dress topped with a
denim jacket. That jacket is a fashion staple 36 years later. Do you own
a denim jacket? No, I gave it away because it go to big for me. I do have a denim vest and skirt.
3)
This song was first offered to Cliff Richard, a major pop star in
England who never enjoyed gained superstar status in the US. Perhaps, if
he had recorded "What's Love Got to Do with It?," he would have been
better known on this side of the ocean. Tell us about a time when you
said "no" when "yes" might have been the better answer.
4)
Tina's first marriage, to Ike Turner, was a painful one. Her second
marriage, to German music executive Erwin Bach has been far more
supportive. This has been a blessing, since Tina has had serious health
problems in recent years. Do you have any medical/dental appointments
scheduled? Yes, I have a phone appointment with someone from the Cardiology Dept. to discuss a unit they are sending out to monitor my heart. I also have to go in for blood work this week.
5)
Tina met Erwin at Heathrow Airport in 1986. He was there to help her
prepare for her London performances. They immediately liked one another,
but didn't become romantically involved until months later and were
surprised to find themselves falling in love. Have you ever had a
romantic relationship that crept on you? No.
6)
The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards referred to Tina as his "favorite
aunt." Is there anyone who isn't a relative of yours by blood but you
refer to as aunt, uncle, brother, sister, etc.? No. I have an aunt I love that is going through radiation and chemo for breast cancer. I wrote about her and shared pictures on Friday's post.
7) Former President George W. Bush is also a big Tina Turner fan, and has praised her for having "the most famous legs in show business." What do you believe is your best physical feature? I use to be told I had nice hair and brows. Grey hair has changed that now.
9) Random question: On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "very lazy" and 10 being "very productive," what number are you? I would say I am an 8. I am usually doing something. I am either crafting or doing something around the house. When I watch tv with hubby, I am crafting.



13 comments:
I had no idea you were a jock! Good for you. I'm so uncoordinated I'm a failure at sports, but admire anyone who can play baseball.
Prayers for your aunt. (Aunts and uncles are such important influences in our lives!)
I played field hockey my freshman year--then they did away with the program to introduce soccer. I forgot about that foray into team sports.
I’m not too aware of your heart condition but it sounds a bit serious so I’m praying for your testing that the condition will improve to perfect function . God bless you, my friend.
I wore a heart monitor this year. Fortunately it said that I was OK. I still have heart decease, but it's not worsening.
Praying all goes well with your heart. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I hope all goes well with your heart.
Susan,
On the onset of gray hair I really hated it. I tried coloring my hair but never could get it just right and besides that, it didn't cover the gray completely. These days I embrace the change but I prefer to see the it as strains of glitter in my hair instead of gray. The adjustment in attitude makes me feel not only better but more confident. Surprisingly, I actually like it more now,too. Thanks for sharing your answers. Have a good weekend!
Cathy
Break out that denim vest and skirt! My mom was just telling me that when she was in Old Navy they were selling denim jumpers so she is going to drag hers back out of the box they've been packed away in. Just goes to show...if you wait long enough everything old will be new again.
Blog looks so pretty for fall! praying about your heart issue and hoping for great news for you.
Wow, you sound like you were (are?) very athletic! Good for you. I hope your heart issue goes ok and things work out just fine. I know it is worrying.
It is a blessing sometimes to be able to get your troubles to melt away on a playing field. That was the case for me. It was my escape. Like you, These days I keep the old hands busy. Another solace for the mind.
Read about your sweet Auntie, and will hope with you for her. I really hope for all good things for her.
The older one gets, the more peace and quiet becomes a solace.
Hope your heart issue is a simple one to solve.
I hope your heart tests come out fine. Will keep a good thought and prayer for you.
Great responses, Susan, like you I in enjoy quietness too, and like you I am always busy.
Thanks for sharing, and thank you for visiting me and for your sweet comment.
Sue
Post a Comment