4 years ago today my sibling went out for dinner and then to see the Beautiful Musical. The show tells the story of the singer and music writer Carole King. We had such a nice time together. One of the things I like about Facebook is seeing these memories pop up.
In 2012, we got to hear an all star tribute to the music of Carole in Concert at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles. Our dad was sick and he insisted we go though was very sick. He asked that we spend time together and stay close. Our dad passed away 2 months later.
It was a fun night. There were so many performers there. Amy Grand and Vince Gill. John Legend, Katy Perry and Alicia Keys who performed a duet with Carole. The sold out performance was a benefit concert for Paul Newman's kids camp called the Painted Turtle. The camp allows children with serious medical conditions go to camp.
We got to walk on the Stars of Hollywood and then we went to Pinks for hotdogs.
I am thankful to have a family that is close. Thankful that we can keep in touch during this time through our phones and social media. Thankful for the memories.
My previous post has pictures of my fall decorations in my home.


4 comments:
Oh Susan, that soup looks really good! Looks like it is chock full of good vegies! The meatballs sound so good too. Fall is really soup time for us too. I made a pot of beef vegetable soup last night with that was cut for stir fry at the store. It cooked up nice and tender, and with all the vegies added it was really nice. I am taking a pot of it over to our kids today as well, because when they heard me tell about it on the phone last night they wanted some! LOL. Love your happy memories with your family. We need to make memories together as often as we can as we never know when it will be our last opportunity to be together. This year has really spoiled a lot of family gatherings for people, and it really is a shame. Praying that will change very soon. Enjoy your soup!!!
That soup looks really good. I love eating soup this time of the year. Families are the best and it is so important to stick together. I see my sisters fairly often, but my brother not as much, but we do talk on the phone some.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend Susan.
Your soup looks really good! It's the season for soup and chili. I just got done chopping chicken to make white chicken chili. Got a new recipe I'm trying.
Having family close is truly a blessing.
The soup looks so delicious. I also love the fall decorations in your comfy home. Have a good weekend. :-)
Post a Comment