Tuesday, October 20, 2020

 

Reading...

 Welcome to Tuesday 4 in memory of it's founder, our friend Toni Taddeo..


1 .How do you relax in the evening after dinner?  My husband and I watch tv together. I am usually crafting while watching if it is news.  Right now I am knitting a scarf.

2. Do you read in bed? What kind of books do you read? In the evening I like to read my Bible before bed.

3. Do you have a list of books you look forward to reading? I am busy working on a Bible study a so right now I am just reading the Bible

4. What is the best book you've ever read and why? I am currently reading through the Bible for the 4th time so that is my most favorite book.  I have also read Gone With The Wind seven times.  My mom let me read her book and I was hooked. When the movie was in the theaters, she took me to see it. We would talk about the characters. I had a crush on Rhett Butler! I like historical fiction and I really like series book, In the 80's I read the Wagon's West series and the White Indian Series. I would finish a book and then give it to my grandpa to read. It was nice being able to talk with my grandpa about the characters in the book. I still have those books. I also have my Trixie Belden Mystery series that I started reading in elementary school. I am going to see if my grand daughter wants to read them. I also enjoyed the Left Behind series and AD Chronicles series.

The last book I read was called Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. They are currently making a movie about it. It is based on the Biblical book of Hosea. I use to have 3 book cases filled with books. When we moved the this smaller home,  gave away lots of book. I have one large book case and one small one for my devotional books. My parents had a library in the last home I lived in with them. My brother inherited my parents large custom shelves. One of my favorite memories was going in my parents room at night to say good night and they would both be reading. Dad liked James Patterson books. My mom loved Biography's and British and European history. My sibling and I all have book cases. I married a non reader. He loves watching  and learning from the TV.  My grandkids all love to read books too.

 You can go here to see a list of some of the books I have read.  

 


9 comments:

Gloria said...

I enjoyed your answers today.
We have a similar answer on #4.
Have a great Tuesday my friend.

Linda said...

I enjoyed your answers Susan. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

The Gal Herself said...

When I was in high school, I reread GWTW every summer. I always wished that Will had made it to the movie. He was such an interesting character, one of my favorites in the whole book.

CountryDew said...

I am crocheting . . . something. I have no idea what it is or if I'm even doing it right, because it has been a long time since I crocheted. It may be a scarf. Or not.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I used to read the books my dad was reading. In the summers I would sit on the floor by my parents bed and read, being careful to save Dad's place with a bookmark. By the time I was in the fifth grade I had read Homer and Virgil, not to mention a bunch of Salinger

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You are definitely an avid reader. Since I started blogging years ago I can't seem to find time to read anything but blog posts. The Bible is a great answer.

Lori said...

Hi Susan! How fun you got to meet some of the authors! That is awesome! I love the pictures! I absolutely love to read. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Mari said...

I love to read in bed and also read the Bible before bed.
Trixie Belden - I read those too!
I also read the Left Behind Series and I love Francine Rivers books. I think Redeeming Love is my favorite though.

Annie said...

I remember Trixie Belden books! I also liked Nancy Drew.