1. Let's start things off right...Wednesday is National Dessert Day. What are we having? How often do you make/serve dessert? Store bought or from scratch? We don't eat many deserts that are store bought. We might get a few things for our grandkids or for special occasions. We mostly eat fresh fruit for a dessert. But once in awhile I do indulge!
2. Slow as molasses, icing on the cake, that's the way the cookie crumbles, have your cake and eat it too, half-baked idea, that takes the cake...which phrase might be applied to something in your life in recent days? Explain. I would say have your cake and eat it too. On Monday a few of my friends went to the beach to celebrate the birthday of one of the girls. She rented a and we cruised the bay for 2 hours. The weather was beautiful and in the low 80's. Afterwards we ate lunch at the Rusty Pelican and we sang Happy Birthday to our friend. We saved desert later. We all had Balboa bars. Vanilla ice cream dipped in hot chocolate and then rolled in your topping of your choice. Better than cake!
3. Something that's 'easy as pie' for you to do? Make a mess? I am a crafter and when I am working on a craft, it doesn't take long to have things all over. My crating friends say we just have our creative ideas spread all over. The not so easy thing to do is put it all away!
4. Are you someone who likes to 'sugarcoat' news you think might not be well received, or are you more of a tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may? Do you like to receive your news the same way you give it? I am an realist and I try to be honest. But I use wisdom in most things I do. I try not sugar coat things, but I am careful with my words. But on occasion I blow it and will take whatever comes. No blaming, just accepting things and being real.
5. Something you did recently that made you feel like a 'smart cookie'? I rested. Monday was a fun and busy day. I got up early and we were on the road at 10am and we got back home around 9pm. I stayed up late to catch up with some tv recordings and then my Bible reading. For some reason I was having a little problem with breathing. So today was a pj day. I also got my heart monitor in the mail so I will start that Wednesday after breakfast.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I am glad I was able to celebrate my friends birthday at the beach. The Duffy bay cruise was so much fun. It was nice to see all the fancy homes and boats. Several celebrities live in these homes. I like the home of the late John Wayne the most.












11 comments:
I enjoyed your answers today.
Looks like you had a good time with your friends.
Thank you for sharing your pictures.
Have a good Wednesday my friend.
Such great photos, Susan. I hope you are feeling better today. Keeping in prayer. smiles
Looks like a nice day for the outing!
The ice cream sounds like a yummy treat.
oh wow! The boat ride looks wonderful. What gorgeous scenery! Glad you had fun!
That's us too with dessert. We do like Costco's vanilla ice cream so we a a small cone maybe every other week. That cruise sounds like a fun time. Sorry about your breathing. Saying a prayer for you. Love the photos from your day!
What fun to enjoy a boat ride on the bay and a meal at the Rusty Pelican. I was treated to a meal at the Rusty Pelican when I was visiting my sister in Huntington Beach a couple years ago. A walk in Balboa is always fun! Happy Hodgepodge to you!
Lovely photos and looks like you all had a great time celebrating.
Looks like a fabulous way to celebrate a birthday! I'm a messy crafter too. And also a messy cook hubs would say : ) I like to use all the pans, bowls, and utensils. Have a nice weekend! Hope you're breathing has returned to normal. Take care!
Such a pretty day on the bay! California is so beautiful...it's a shame my teachers back in school planted such a fear of earthquakes in me where CA is concerned. I have an irrational fear that the day I step foot in the state will be the day the big one hits and the state slides off into the ocean. They really did teach us that will be a thing one day when I was in school.
Fun photos, and it looks like a good time was had by all! About your grands and gluten free options, there are so many out there now! But when I'm going to bake something, I like to use King Arthur GF flour, using it cup for cup as I would regular flour. I just made a batch of GF oatmeal chocolate chip coconut sun butter (because of a peanut allergy) cookies. Sorry it took me so long to get here!! Have a great weekend.
The blog looks great! So nice to be out with friends to celebrate. Also looked at the previous post of your family photos. I see your mom and dad in that one. Lovely photo. So many memories that mean so much to you I am sure.
Post a Comment