Saturday, August 22, 2020


 1) This is the theme from Mike and Molly, a TV show that ran from 2010 to 2016. Were you a fan? I watched some of the reruns.

2) Molly was played by Melissa McCarthy. Today she's one of Hollywood's best-paid actresses, but when she began her career, she was barely scraping by. She recently recalled the time when, as a struggling actress, she was rejected at the ATM because it only gave out $20s and she didn't have even that much in her checking account. How often do you visit the ATM? Several times a week? Several times a month? Never? I have been there 3 times in the last 5 months.

3) When she was broke, Melissa couldn't afford blueberries and avocados.  Now she savors them. When you're a few bucks ahead, what do you splurge on? Crafts

4) Mike was played by Billy Gardell. He was working at a comedy club, cleaning the bathrooms and answering the phone. He used to crack jokes with other employees and finally one of his coworkers dared him to go onstage on "open mic night." A comedy career was born. Tell us about someone who pushed you to make the right move. My dad. He always gave me good advise. His last words to me were to remind me that I would be okay. I had my faith and my family. He would see me in heaven.

5) On the show, Mike's best friend was his fellow officer, Carl McMillan. Carl was not especially motivated and still lived with his grandmother, well into his 30s. How old were you when you moved out of the house for good? I was 18 and got married. Two days later I turned 19.

6) Mike's and Molly's mothers are different as night and day and frequently did not get along. Have you ever had in-law trouble? I got along well with my mother in law and somewhat with my father in law.

7) This week's song was written by Keb Mo. He switches among several different guitars when he works -- electric, acoustic and resonator. Can you play guitar? I use to be able to day a few chords.

8) In 2010, when this show premiered, Apple introduced the iPad. Do you use a tablet? No, I started out with a couple of desktops. I am on my third laptop.

9) This week's random question gives you an opportunity to brag: What's something you do better than most people? Be messy when I craft? 




 

10 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

You were so young when you got married! How brave to take on such a commitment at such a tender age. I think it's romantic that you two are still going strong.

Stacy said...

I never would have guessed you'd pick crafts to splurge on (wink, wink). LOL
Love your inspiration pages, so bright and happy and full of truth, too!

Linda said...

Thank you for always making me smile. Have a great day, friend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susan. I enjoyed reading your answers. I must say I never watched that show. I love the picture at the bottom of your post. I was also young when I got married. Charly and I started dating when I was 17 and I was 19 when we got married. That was 41 years ago. My youngest daughter married at 18 and now has been married 17 years and has five kids. Have a great weekend. I hope there are no fires in near you. We are keeping California ia prayer. I have a good friend in Turlock and my son lives near Sacramento.

Schotzy said...

I love your craft project... you're not messy at all!!

songbird's crazy world said...

I envy your ability to do crafts. I have no talent for it.

Lori said...

I love that you do crafts. I am really terrible at crafts.
What a beautiful memory of your dad! I remember once I was talking with Tania from Bless Moo and she was telling me that we (the country graphics community) may not ever meet on this earth, but we will in heaven and that made me smile. I just hadn't thought about it. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

I wish I could do crafts, but I'm afraid I am not very good at it. you should pick that guitar back up!

Mari said...

I never saw this show.
I got married at 19 and moved out of my parents house then.
I like your crafts - and you don't seem too messy! :)
I wish I could play guitar, I do play the piano.

Tammy said...

Hi Susan! I finally posted on my blog :p I hope you are doing well, my friend. I sometimes miss the days of Yahoo Groups when we would spend so much time talking and encouraging each other. Hugs!