Thursday, August 13, 2020

Thankful Thursday


 
Today I a thankful for another year of life! Yesterday I turned 65 and my birthday dinner was so nice!  My grand daughter Jazzy turned 11. She was born on my birthday while we were in Hawaii, 2009.
 
We met up at Lucille's for dinner. Though the weather was still in the 90's, the outside seating was in the shade. A tall building next store blocked the hot sun. Hubby brought a water bottle fan and the kids were happy with that. 
 
 
 
 
 There is no indoor eating in California, so restaurants are being creative with their seating. Tables are spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart. Everyone has to wear a mask until you are seated at your table. You have to wear your mask if you enter the building to use the bathroom. No one complains in our family because we are just happy to be out and together. The cool thing is you can see the smile in the eyes of people. We made sure to give and extra big tip to our server because she was the one running around in the heat with a mask.

I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for friends, real life and on the net.
I am thankful for good food.
I am thankful for having creative things to do and keep me busy.
I am thankful for learning Zoom.
I am thankful for my Bibles I can study from or illustrate in.
I am thankful for my video dr. appointment I had yesterday.
I am thankful for a good's night sleep.
I am blessed!
 
 
 


 
 
 

7 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Happy Birthday! How wonderful that you were able to enjoy a family celebration at a lovely outdoor restaurant! And happy birthday to your granddaughter too! How cool is that? Yes, we are counting our blessings and enjoying whatever we are able to do during these days. Thankful to be healthy and alive. God bless you and may you have many many more happy birthdays!

Rebecca Jo said...

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Glad your family got to surround you with love to celebrate you!

Mari said...

Looks like a wonderful celebration. The family pic is great, and I know just having them all with you was the best gift!

Cindy said...

Beautiful family! You guys looked like you were having fun. Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good celebration. My Bible! I've never written that I'm thankful for my Bible! I've had it for more than a decade, the binding is coming off, the edges are worn from carrying it so much but I just can't bring myself to buy a new one. Well, I know what's going to be on my list next week! :)

Visits With Mary said...

Hi Susan! I'm so glad you had a nice birthday with your family. Family fun is the best kind of fun. Yes, I'm also so thankful for my Bible, God's Word. It guides us, encourages us and gives us hope. Happy Birthday to Jazzy too, it must be nice to celebrate your birthday's together.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susan. Happy Birthday to you!! So glad you were able to gather together with your family and have a nice day. So much to be grateful for! Happy Birthday hugs from UT!

arwen garza said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.