Saturday, August 29, 2020

Saturday 9

 



 1) This Saturday, the treat's on Sam. Will you have buttered popcorn, caramel corn or cheese popcorn? Buttered!.........Okay, I will take some caramel too please!



2) This record represents the Supremes as they are seldom heard. Florence Ballard is singing lead, with background vocals provided by Mary Wilson,
 Barbara Martin and Diane Ross. That's right, "Diane." Her parents meant for her to be named "Diane," and that's what old friends and family still
call her, but the hospital mistakenly put her name down as "Diana." Motown execs thought "Diana Ross" had a better sound and the rest, as they say,
is history. Do you often make typos? Or are you careful and precise at the keyboard? Yes I do make typos, especially when I am in hurry.

3) Barbara Martin left the Supremes in 1962, before they reached stardom, because she was a new mom and wanted to stay home with her baby.
Have you ever found yourself in the difficult position of having to choose between your personal and professional lives?
Yes, I had to work and it was hard to go back after my maternity leave. Luckily I only worked part time. My husband and I had different shifts and so the kids had one of us around. But we didn't spend a lot of time together except for Sundays.

4) Florence Ballard's cousin, Hank, wrote the famous Chubby Checkers dance record, "The Twist." When did you last get on your feet and dance?
 It has been a long while since I went out dancing. I danced with one of my grands the other day here at home. This made me think of the time I was dancing with my aunt to The Twist. I must have been around 7.
 
5) Mary Wilson stayed with the group until it disbanded in 1977. She has said that one of her most memorable moments came in 1968, when the group performed
for Princess Margaret. Mary recalled that the Princess loudly asked if Mary's hair was real or a wig. Mary was shocked, expecting better behavior from a royal. Tell us a time when someone's behavior shocked you. I can think of a few things but would rather not repeat it. It is enough to deal with all the news when I watch it.
 
6) In 1961, when this song was released, the TV show Hazel premiered and was a top 5 hit for NBC. Oscar winner Shirley Booth played the title character,
 a very capable and lovable maid. If Crazy Sam could have a maid for just a few hours today, she'd love to have her refrigerator cleaned and kitchen cabinets
 organized. If you could have a pair of helping hands around your house this afternoon, what would you ask the maid to do? Dust! I hate to dust because aggravates my allergies.

7) Also in 1961, President John F. Kennedy appeared on the cover of Time as their Man of the Year. Are there any magazines in your home right now?
If so, who is on the cover? Westways by Triple A. The one I grabbed has a road sign that says ROAD TRIP on it. I will have to read it now. The craft group I am in has a virtual adventure each month. July was a visit to Charleston So Carolina. This month is was a trip to the Dallas State Fair. Next month we will be on Route 66 stopping at places along the way to try pies!


8) Ernest Hemingway died in 1961. Have you read any of his works? The Old Man and the Sea. I really enjoy James Michner books and have read several of his.

9) Random question: How many pancakes are in the perfect stack? Three.
 


7 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

I like your answer to #1 in that you didn't limit yourself. :) There's a popcorn shop here in Chicago called Garrett's that encourages such free thinking and will mix the kinds of popcorn in the same bag upon request.

Stacy said...

That's so cool that your online group does a virtual road trip every month. What a great way to get to see different places!

songbird's crazy world said...

Road trip!

Linda said...

I agree, 3 for pancakes, smiles. Have s great day friend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Fun answers, Susan! I love buttered popcorn!I had dusting too, and guess what is on my to-do list for today. Ugh. Three pancakes sounds about right. Have a great weekend!

Lori said...

The news is a mess. I don't even watch most of the time. I was telling Stacy I would probably need to this weekend to see what I have missed....probably nothing. Loved you answers! Have a nice weekend.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

Three pancakes, yay! I like the idea of a virtual road trip. We are not planning a vacation but maybe we can virtually do one.