Wednesday, August 5, 2020


1.  What's happening where you live in terms of schools opening? How do you feel about it? Our county is not allowing public schools to open up yet and I think it is a good idea. Virtual schools will open on August 11. Private schools are meeting. My younger two grands go to a Christian run school and class size averages 8. My daughter in law also works at the school. Once they start, we will probably not be able to see them close up again. :(

2. What's something you still do 'old school'? I am a crafty lady. A lot of my friends use machines that do the cutting for them.  I do it all by hand.

3. August 4th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. Will you/did you celebrate by baking a batch? Eating a batch? Nuts or no nuts? Homemade or store bought? Soft and chewy or do you prefer your cookie to snap when you bite into it?
I love chocolate chip cookies. We do not buy cookies because hubby is diabetic and I a borderline. But I do make a batch of gluten free with at Christmas. I do like a little snap to my cookies and I need a glass of milk to go with it.

4. What are you starved for? Being with my friends.  Food? Ice cream

5. Anything new and interesting on your August calendar? What is one thing you're looking forward to this month? My hubby and I will celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary on the 10th. Virtual school starts on the 11th. On the 12th I turn 65 and my grand daughter turn 11.

6.  Insert your own random thought here. When Covid started in March, I did not get to hug my younger grands for about 2 months and it was really hard. Our older two grands live with during the week when their mom works. I made lots of mask those first couple of months when there was a shortage and my niece and daughter who work in the medical field. Now they are everywhere! I picked up a couple at Target the other day. They were two for $4.00!
I grabbed some for my husband. They are thin but they have a pocket and the metal by the nose. Mine are 4 layers with the nose wire and a pocket. I have a lot of material and I can make fall, Christmas and winter theme mask if need be. I am in California
and we have to wear them everywhere again. Nobody likes to wear them, but I do believe in doing my part to keep others and myself safe.


4 comments:

Gloria said...

You definitely have things to
look forward to this month.
I enjoyed your answers today.
Have a great Wednesday my friend.

Martha said...

Early happy birthday and anniversary! I agree with you on the masks, if it helps it's a small price to pay. Have a great day :)

Stacy said...

Your August is like ours. My grandson turned 8 today. My son and his wife celebrate their anniversary on the 8th. My mom and I celebrate our birthdays on the 15th. She will be 76 and I will be 56. My husband's sister's birthday is the 12th. A cousin has his birthday the 30th. I also have a lot of friends with August birthdays and there were several anniversaries and birthdays that we no longer celebrate because the folks have passed on.

Debi said...

You have a lot going on in August! We didn't see our local grands for two months except for through the living room windows. I hated it and am not looking forward to doing it again.