Tuesday, April 1, 2025

Tuesday 4 & Wednesday Hodgepodge


 Oh well... Let's talk about Moms and Wives and other  unpaid domestic servants.


1. Have you ever found yourself in the same position as this lady? How did you feel about it?
For the most part no. My husband has always done his part, especially when we go on vacation. My son's are the same way. When we go with family on vacation, the men do most of the cooking. They like to clean as they go. So, if we have to do the dishes, that is fine. My husband does not like to soak in the sun. Once he has done what he wants to do, he will sit and relax watching tv or talking with the guys. I am the one that is our playing with the kids or planning an adventure. 
2.. Women do the cooking, the cleaning up and the organizing while the rest of the family reap the rewards of that.. is it fair?  My mom was the woman that did it all. My dad would help out when he could and usually that was keeping us kids out of the way. He did like to relax. My mom did not know how to relax. I know my dad did a little cooking, but not much.

3.  Vacations at air b&bs or rental homes often mean Mom does all the work.  What kind of holiday or vacation would be most restful for you? We just took the almost perfect vacation on a cruise. Hardly any work involved, but not very restful because I like to be on the go. Hubby did get to relax. I mentioned above what it is like when we go on vacation with the family. I do like to make sure thing stay tidy. 

4.  In Proverbs 31, the wife is married to a very prominent man in town.  She runs the house, has a cottage industry, owns vineyards on her own and buys and sells real estate. What kind of woman are you? Do you hold a job.. do you do the housework... do you find rewards in service to others or do you find it can be wearing on you or perhaps a little bit of both.

Though I am retired, I am somewhat a busy person, but I do have my down days. If I don't have to do anything, I can spend the whole morning in pj's and crafting/Bible journaling. My husband and I share housework duties. We help out with our grands during the week. Our marriage group helps with the community food packing. This past weekend I went walking in the neighborhood and praying as I went along. It is a ministry through our church.

What earthly rewards do you get out of the life you are living? I try to show my family and friends that I care. I make mistakes, but I keep trying to "do unto others"
Colossians 3:23-24  Whatever you do, work at it with your whole being, as for the Lord and not for men, because you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as your reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.



1. No foolin'! April is here. What's one fun thing on your April calendar? Hubby and I are going to see the Chosen 5 at the movies on Wednesday. I have PT twice a week. Our marriage groups meets on Thursday mornings. Women's Bible study meets on April 5th. Senior fellowship meets on the 12th. My daughter and grandson have birthdays on April 16. We always go to church on Easter Sunday with a family gathering and egg hunt afterwards. We plan to go to Newport Coast on the 22. My Bible journaling group meets the 29th.

2. It's often said, 'A fool and his money are soon parted'...what's the last thing you wasted money on? 
Crafting things at Daiso. I like to find things the ladies can use for Bible journaling. I also buy digital graphics on Etsy. With all that printing, I need to get more ink from Amazon.

3.  April 2nd is National DIY day. Are you a do-it yourself kind of person or maybe you're married to one? If so, what's the last thing you DIY-ed. If you're not a DIY-er what's the most recent job you had to hire someone to complete? I am a crafter, so I like to make gifts when I can.

4. Do you eat lamb? If so do you have a favorite dish that calls for lamb? I do like lamb and had it on the cruise. It was so good. I like to eat it at Easter and I just roast it was onions and herbs.

5. Do you fit a stereotype in some way? Explain. I don't know about a stereotype, but I am a follower of Christ. I try to practice the teachings of Jesus. I consider myself part hippie. I am more into feeling comfortable. I have learned to embrace the real me, creative, ADHD and fun-loving.
I will be 70 this summer and only God knows my years left here on earth. I want to be true to Him and myself.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I am thankful to be able to go to Pt. Now I have to get myself to the dentist and eye doctor. Thank God I have insurance!




11 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

The "I consider myself part hippie" statement really threw me! LOL. I guess I never pictured that in you, but everything else you said I totally understand and see. Not that being "part hippie" is a bad thing, I just thought it was kind of funny and am trying to visualize it with everything else about you that I do think I know. I enjoyed all of your answers to both memes. You do have a busy calendar! I'm not sure I could keep up with everything you do, but it sure sounds wonderful! Your family is blessed to have you!!

Mari said...

I do most of the things in the house, but my husband always offers to help. I don't mind because he does a lot outside - snow blowing, yard work, repairs... which are all things I don't like to do!
I enjoyed reading your answers today.

Susan said...

I am not a true hippie. But I am not confined to depression and perfectionism anymore. I am free because of JC. 💗✝️🙏

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susan. My husband and I have always worked as a team on most things. I usually fix dinner and he does the clean up. He can also cook, but usually I do it. Right now, he does most of the house cleaning because he is retired and I work full-time. I hope that your PT continues to help you. I totally agree with you about being a follower of Jesus. I enjoyed visiting here today and reading your answers to the questions. I will probably do a Hodgepodge post later on. Have a good day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debby@Just Breathe said...

Starting over. I hit a button and lost your post. I think I just found it. I'm glad your husband does his part and helps you out. Mark does a few things in the house that I can't do anymore. Yes, a cruise does sound relaxing. I'm glad that you go to a marriage group together. You sound really busy. I'm sure your gifts are greatly appreciated. Love your comment for #5. Hope pt is helping you. I am so done with appointments, however, I have many, many more to go to. This is not my year. You take care.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Yes a cruise is very relaxing, my dad would help mum around the house from time to time with cleaning a cooking but for the most part it was left up to mum and she was fine with that

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I hit the jackpot with my 2nd husband - he helps me but I enjoy working in the house however as we get older together, we help each other out. He takes care of the lawns - and I do the laundry or he accidentally shrinks my clothes! Every evening after dinner, we clean up the kitchen together - load the dishwasher, wipe down the stove etc.

Cindy said...

We saw the first episodes of season five of The Chosen on Sunday. It's so good!!

Carla from The River said...

Hi, I agree, I am happy about insurance too. :-)
I will be starting PT on Friday ... it will be my first time with this fella. I can get so nervous, so I am praying all goes well. And that I don't get so nervous.
xx oo
Carla

Kirstin said...

I enjoyed your answers.