Friday, April 11, 2025

Friday Faves 5 & Saturday 9

So thankful for another week of life! Thanks for Susanne and same for the memes, links on the left.


1. Thankful for a nice, weekend. I got to work on my Lent Bible study. I changed my sheets, was 3 loads of clothes and did some organizing. I am thankful because I can use my hand/thumb now. I was able to get a haircut too. I also got my Easter ornaments on my seasonal tree. 

2. Thankful to be able to attend our women's Bible study on Monday. I am glad I had time to catch up on my reading earlier in the day. I went outside and enjoyed the nice weather and the sounds of the chimes while I had lunch and read my study book. At the study, we had a speaker and she talked all about Hagar and she is gave the name El Roi to the God who sees me. After Paulette spoke, our small group went over the questions. My Bible journaling group went over names of God last year. This year we are going over the names of Jesus. The Lent study I have been working on has also been doing the names of Jesus.

3. Thankful to have a good nights sleep! It really helps me stay focused on the things that are important to me. That includes my Bible/faith journaling. Also my general crafting that allows me to be creative. It keeps me off the news and helps me to focus on God and not the world. I am enjoying my time listening to the Bible Recap girl and we are starting Samuel. My son and I went to Bible study back in 1994 and pastor covered Samuel. One of the things I remembered is that man looks at the outside but God looks at the heart. This study I am doing is chronological. I read the Bible this way a few years ago and it really shows how several books tell a more connected Biblical history of the Jewish people. 

4. Thankful to be able to see Chosen part 2 of season 5 with hubby. It is good to see the human side of Jesus as He lived in the world but was not a part of the world. The was a scene with Jesus and the woman that was very touching. I talked about some of the women at my last Bible journaling class. After the movies I went to Daiso and picked up a few things for crafting. Also got two bowls for me and my granddaughter for our soup. We already have some nice chopsticks that I got in Chinatown, San Francisco back in 2018. Then granddaughter and I went to the library, and I found a series of 6 books to read from the author I like.

5. Thankful for our marriage group. The host treated us to lunch as we celebrated a birthday of the host.
Also thankful for my physical therapy!



Saturday 9: Money (That's What I Want) 1959

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This lyrics mention "the birds and bees." Who told you about the facts of life? I saw two doxies mating when I was about 10 and then puppies were born a few months after. My Mom told me about periods about a year later and it all made sense. 
 
2) Barrett Strong sings that love won't pay the bills. How do you handle bill paying? Do you set aside one day a month to take care of all your bills, or do you pay each one as it comes in? What's your system? Most bills are on automatic payment. I pay a couple online at the beginning of the month.
 
3) He refers to dollar bills as "lean greens." Can you think of any other euphemisms for money? 
Moolah

4) April is tax time, so money is top-of-mind for us all. Do you do your own taxes or do you seek the help of a professional? My husband meets with our tax person every March. We got our money back already and it is spent.

5) On this week's song, Barrett does a solid job on the vocals and he handles the keyboards well. In addition to performing, he was a talented songwriter. One of his most popular compositions was "I Heard It Through the Grapevine," a song about a lover who listened to gossip and got some useful information. Have you ever been the subject of gossip? If yes, was there any truth to the rumor?
Yes and no.
 
6) He worked with Motown and its sister label, Tamla, for years, but when they moved their offices from Detroit to LA, he quit. Have you ever relocated for your career? No.

7) In 1959, when "Money" was popular, Huckleberry Hound was a hit with young TV viewers in 1959. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid? Bugs Bunny.

8) While children were enjoying daytime cartoons, their parents were discovering The Twilight Zone, which also premiered in 1959. Decades later, it's still being rerun on cable and streaming services. Are you a fan? I watched it for years.
 
9) Random question: Right now, would you prefer to grab a snack or take a nap? 
Snack. 



11 comments:

Wendy said...

Lots of good things on your thankful list. Have a good weekend.

Faith said...

all wonderful blessings on your Faves this week. Love all of your church involvement!! I did a study once on the names of Jesus..it was wonderful!

songbird's crazy world said...

What’s up, doc? I loved Bugs Bunny too

Linda said...

All wonderful things, Susan. Wishing you a beautiful weekend.

Barbara Harper said...

I'm so glad you can use you hand and thumb again! What a productive weekend you had! Love all the church/study gatherings. I know what you mean about a good night's sleep--it makes such a difference.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I enjoyed all the Looney Tunes characters and of course Bugs Bunny! Silly wabbit. You have many things to be thankful and grateful for. Truly you are blessed.

CountryDew said...

Bugs was a wascally wabbit! I wonder if he's still on somewhere.

Willow said...

So good that your thumb and hand are healing. And you have so many good times with Bible study and your church groups.
Bugs Bunny? I think he lives in my back garden :)

Kwizgiver said...

Definitely Bugs Bunny fan for me, too!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

I am thankful for blogs like this

Susanne said...

That's so great that you can use your thumb again. You don't realize how important that finger is until you can't use it. The scene with Jesus and the women doing their version of the Jewish feast had me in tears. And though extra biblical it was beautiful and thoughtful. We used to watch Bugs Bunny all the time when we were little.