Joining Susanne for the Friday Five
There are so many thing to be thankful for! Here are a few from the week.
1. A wonderful Easter with my family. My previous entry is filled with pictures. My middle son and wife went to church! We also had wonderful weather, sunny and up to 80 degrees! Yesterday it cooled down and rain today.
2. Thankful for my Bible journaling group which met on Tuesday. Our topic was the Shepherd and the lamb. I learn so much when studying a topic. Psalm 23 is one of my favorite verses. One of the handouts had the names of God throughout the Psalm. The Lord is my Shepherd. Jehovah-Raah. Easy to remember because Raah rhymes with Baaa. Next month I will introduce another name of God.
3. Thankful for a restful pajama day. I was able to work on one of my studies. Later we watched Survivor. We have watched it for years now. We like to see a few other shows together.
4. Thankful for being able to meet up with one of my friends at a local coffee shop to work on our Bible journaling. Also, time to just share things and encourage one another.
5. Thankful to be able to celebrate my daughter's birthday. She didn't want to go out. She asked me to make her green chili chicken enchiladas. Hubby made a fresh pot of beans. Hubby got mini cheesecakes at Sam's Club and we sang Happy Birthday. I love my family!
Tomorrow I am going to Portos Bakery with a few friends for breakfast.
Enjoy your weekend!



9 comments:
Sounds like the perfect week for you! I still need to learn about what Bible journaling actually is. Let me know!! I tried googling it but didn't get far....just saw a bunch of Bibles where people draw in them. Is that what you mean?
I love getting together with my friends and my week included those special blessings too!
Have a restful weekend
Hi Susan. Sounds like a wonderful week with your family and Bible journaling friends. So glad that you had a nice Easter. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!
So much to be thankful for. Your Bible looks so pretty. Hooray for a pajama day! Enjoy your weekend and Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Your week sounded perfect! I love the connection of Jesus as my Shepherd and His lamb - me. I'm glad you are enjoying the Bible journaling. Happy Birthday to your daughter. The enchiladas sound wonderful!
Happy birthday to your daughter. Sounds like you had a good week and yay for a pyjama day. Enjoy your meet up tomrrow.
What wonderful news that your son and daughter-in-law came to Easter service!
And Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Meeting for coffee with friends is one of my favorite things to do.
You asked about Art Girls--we all used to live in the same town (Camarillo) and decided to get together every week to either read a book (especially for Lent or Advent) or work on our art projects. The other four are painters (me not so much). Two of us are weavers and spinners. Then three of us moved away, one to ID, one to Europe, one to OH. But we still value our friendship and fellowship, so we try to zoom most Friday mornings. Right now we are reading Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.
Have a good weekend!
Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! It's so special when our kids can be there for it. Belated happy birthday to your daughter. I love the idea of a pajama day!
Sounds like it was a lovely week! How wonderful that your son and daughter in law joined you for the Easter service. Happy belated birthday to your daughter.
That is a cute siggie!
Post a Comment