Friday, April 7, 2023

Friday Fav Five Easter

Joining Susanne for today's post.

1. So thankful for another week which has gone by way to fast. It has been spring break, so the house has been quiet with the grands not here.

2. I am thankful that we see our grands as often as we do. They are all healthy and doing well. I am thankful that my daughter invited me to her church this past Sunday. I met her friends too. A little sad that this will not have a picture with all the grands at church. But we will all be together for Easter fun and dinner. Better than Easter 2020 when there was no church because of Easter. But at least we had an online service. Church is not a building. It is a gathering of two or more that worship God!

3. I am thankful for all the rain we have had this year. California has had record breaking rain and we are no longer in the drought season. The ground was soft enough to make the weeding a bit easier for Hubby. I am thankful that hubby keeps the yard looking nice. It is nice seeing the birds coming to the birdbath and a few butterflies and bees flying around.

4. Thankful for a nice day date with my hubby. We went to Benjies New York Style Delicatessen & Restaurant. My husband suggested it since it was Passover and we could enjoy a few Jewish specialties. Mish Mash and Potato latkes. I really liked the sauerkraut. I added it to my soup and it was great!



5. Thankful to visit our parents resting place at Fairhaven Cemetary. Thankful that they took us to church when we were kids. Thankful for all the special memories I hold in my heart. 



6. Thankful for the reason for the Easter season is Jesus!



8 comments:

Faith said...

AMEN!! Sunday's coming!!! that's actually the name of a blog post i'm currently working on!!

LOVE the 1960s style Easter photo!! I assume you are in that?!

I'm not a grammy yet but I'm thrilled that my two young adult daughters will be with us in church on Easter and that we will have brunch with them afterwards with other extended family. Easter/Resurrection Sunday is my absolute fave......our blessed Redeemer lives and is coming back!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely post Susanne. You have a good life with much to be grateful for. My parents were Christians who also took me to church -which is truly something to be grateful for. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Easter!

Melanie said...

I'm wishing you a blessed Resurrection Day. I have lots of memories of Easters - as a child and with my children. Enjoy your Spring break.

Billie Jo said...

Lovely post, my friend! I love your family's Easter photo from the past! Have a blessed and happy Easter!

Willow said...

Happy Easter to you!
I have my parents to thank for their faithfulness in sending me to a Christian school and taking me to church every Sunday.
I noticed that the tombstone said Sandoval on it. That is my daughter-in-law's maiden name. Maybe related?

Susanne said...

Lovely post filled with thankfulness! I have pictures of me and my sister in our Easter coats and white hats and shoes also. Great memories

Lori said...

I love Easter and what it means. Such a beautiful celebration. Happy Easter!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Barbara Harper said...

I'm so glad your family will be coming for Easter! And that we can meet together in church again.

Yay for rain for your area and a day date with hubby.

Hope you have a wonderful Easter!