1. What music were your parents listening to when you were a kid? Does that music bring back memories for you? My parents loved music. They always had a stereo system of some sort. They liked Sinatra, Tony Bennett and Eddie Gorme. They also liked big band that was popular while they were in grade school. I remember watching American Band Stand with my mom. My parents loved musicals and took us to The Sound of Music, Fiddler on The Roof and Mary Poppins. I have a very clear memory of being around 4 or 5(1959-60) My dad would play his patriotic album and we would march around the living room. My parents were in their 30's when we were in out teens, so we listened to lots of the same music. They also taught us how to slow dance. I will always remember my dad dancing with my mom the last year of her life while she could still stand. She loved it and the music.
2. What was your favorite meal and beverage as a teenager? Is it still or have things changed for you? It was my mom's tacos, and it is still one of my favorite meals today. My mom was a great cook. I also liked her beef stroganoff.
3. As a teen did you live in a city, country, small town? What was it like for you there? Tell us about your hometown please? I lived in a small city. I will always consider Santa Ana to my original hometown because that is where my family is from, and I lived there for 35 years. But I live in Corona Ca for almost 25 years, and it is the city my kids call their hometown. W moved here in February of 1990 when the population was 76,095. We decided to move from Santa Ana in Orange Country because hubby wanted to live near hills, and we wanted to have better schools for our kids. Corona is the first city you enter as you leave Orange Country into Riverside Country. We live about 25 minutes from Disneyland, about 35 minutes from the beach, and hour from the desert and hour and half from Big Bear mountains or San Diego. The 2012 census says we have a population of 158,391.
4. Would you like to live in your hometown today? Why or why not? My kids are all out this way, so Corona is our hometown. It is the only city they remember living in. We do go to the cemetery out there because our relatives are there. I have great grandparents there. My husband was from the next city over and we still like to go to the Old Town area out there. It is always nice to get home after a vacation!


3 comments:
I feel like I get to know you a little more with every visit! Aren't we friends on Facebook, too???
Yes, we are!!! I love you and your family and your beautiful life!!!
I enjoyed your answers and I LOVE tacos!
Post a Comment