Saturday 9: Ain't That a Kick in the Head (1960)
Unfamiliar with this song? Hear it here.
1) Dean Martin asks the musical question, "How lucky can one guy be?" Tell us about a time when you got a lucky break. Getting moved to the marketing department after having been injured on the workroom floor. It opened up a new world for me.....COMPUTERS!
2) This song was introduced in the original Ocean's 11 movie. Have you seen it, or the remake and its sequels? I have not seen the original, but I have seen the remake.
3) All the Ocean's movies are about heists. Why do you suppose audiences enjoy watching caper films?
Action/adventure movies can be exciting. Also depends on the cast, like George Clooney, Andy Garcia and Matt Damon.
4) Dean was born in Steubenville, OH. Though he seldom returned to his hometown, he kept Steubenville in his thoughts, regularly donating toys to area children hospitalized over the holidays. Who received the last gift you gave? Our grand daughter when she graduated from 6th grade last week.
5) Dean was extremely claustrophobic and avoided elevators whenever possible -- and even when it wasn't. He was late for the first night of an engagement, even though he was staying at the hotel where he was performing, because he insisted on taking the stairs from his luxury suite to the showroom (18 flights). The hotel put him in a smaller, less prestigious room on a lower floor so he could more easily arrive on time for his own shows. Have you ever been stuck in an elevator? No.
6) He and Frank Sinatra were great friends, but they had their differences. For example, Frank loved to party and Dean hated it. One of Sinatra's favorite stories was about how Dean got bored with a party in his own home and went up to his bedroom to watch TV. When the guests didn't take his hint and leave, Dean made an anonymous noise complaint to the police, who came over and broke up the party. When it comes to parties, are you more like Frank or Dean? I am like Frank, I like a good party but my husband is like Dean. We are going to a big birthday party tonight. He will last around 3 hours and then say the dog has to go out and it is his bedtime.
7) Dean Martin had a secret passion for comic books. He loved them, but was too embarrassed to buy them himself. What's your guilty pleasure? Crafts!
8) In 1960, when this song was released, Princess Margaret married photographer Antony Armstrong-Jones. Their relationship began when he was commissioned to take her official portrait. Who took the most recent picture of you? My husband.
9) Random question (Not really so random, considering Dean Martin's reputation): Do you have a hangover remedy to recommend? Nope, never been drunk and rarely drink. I may get a virgin of something like a Pina Colada.


7 comments:
I didn't even know they made virgin pina coladas. I learned something new! Thanks.
Hi Susan. You and I have something in common. I have never been drunk either! Interesting post. I always enjoy getting to know you a bit better. :-) See you again soon.
I'm not a big "party animal" but I do enjoy a party if it's the right crowd of people. My husband is like yours, though, no matter who is there. When he's done, he's done and that is it. He is even like that at holiday gatherings unless we're at our daughter's next door and he can come home for a little bit and take a break, then come back. Have a blessed Sunday, Susan!
I've never seen the Oceans movies but I do know the song.
I am not a party animal, would much rather be home!
I've also never been drunk. I don't like the taste of alcohol. I'll have a glass of wine a few times a year. :)
Good for your husband with the dog excuse. Who could begrudge you guys for wanting to get home to that sweet doxy?
{{{grinning}}} Thank you Susan, I hope you have a beautiful Sunday my friend. smiles
Enjoyed reading your answers. Couldn't help but laugh about your husband's remark at a party. The older I get the more I would rather stay home. But, I do or should say have in the past enjoyed social gatherings. Of course that is still not in full swing here yet due to covid. About the time I think things are getting better it seems another church is hit nearby in our community. But there is NO PLACE LIKE HOME! Happy week dear Susan. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Post a Comment