2. Have family traditions helped to shape who you are? Yes, it has, especially the traditions started and now we see our kids and grandkids enjoying it.
3. Do you believe that tradition helps a community or shapes the unity of family and community? Yes, it can. For the community, the tradition of a parade and family event brings families in the community together. Traditions hold a family together in some ways.
4. Are there any traditions you would like to bring back and why? My husband's family always made tamales for Christmas eve. My in-laws had their kids help, later the grandkids. My brother-in-law carried on that tradition, but my husband only did a couple of times. I would like my grands to experience it at least once.
Hubby, Sons and Grandpa Smiley
I am a bit behind in Tuesday 4 because I was busy getting a new phone!
1. What's something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to doing? I never made it to the beach. We pretty much stayed home because we needed to be by our dog.
2. Were you the student who sat in the front row or hid in the back of the class? If you could go back and take one high school class again just for fun, which would it be? Closer to the front. Competitive sports because my friends from my Jr, High were there. Most of my regular classes were college prep and most of the students in there came from the other Jr. high.
Some teachers made us sit in alphabetical order. In Jr high, I preferred sitting closer to the front. When I got to high school, there were kids from the other Jr high. I was in a lot of classes geared to college and none of my friends were there. So being a little out of place, I preferred the back. Eventually I moved closer. By my junior year, was up by the front. Probably physiology because I really learned a lot and I had to pass that class to get into the university. My favorite class was Competitive girls' athletics because a lot of my friends from my Jr high were in it.
3. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher (this can be applied to anyone who teaches, not just classroom teachers)? Having a positive attitude and affirming personality.
4. September 2nd is National Grits Day. Have you ever eaten grits? Are you a fan? If so how do you like yours? Would people describe you as 'having grit'? I have only had it a couple of times. I think I would like butter and honey.
5. What's something you're never too old or too young to enjoy? Family. Spending time with them and also accepting the change in family dynamics as they age. Friendships are important too. Finally, my personal relationship with the Lord.
6. Insert your own random thought here. “Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future.” John F. Kennedy



No comments:
Post a Comment