Thankful that all my family could get together for lunch at my son's and DIL's new place. Eddie had to work and we missed him. Minnie was happy to go though she did keep bumping into things.
Thankful that my cataract surgery consult went well and I really like the doctor! I won't have it done until after my trip. I will get single vision and still wear glasses for reading. I like wearing glasses so I don't mind. Thankful for my online appointment with the Travel RN who went over the health things regarding my trip to Israel. I need a couple of shots and I will get a prescription in case I get the stomach flu. Any emergency trips to a hospital will be reimbursed if I save my receipts. I need to go to the pharmacy and get small prescription bottles for traveling. Thankful for my Kaiser Insurance!
Thankful that there is still hope in going to Israel. I received the study guide from the travel agency in PDF format. It talks about the regions in Israel we will be in and the highlights at each location. We will get an actual paper guide one month before we go along with the rest of the information we need.
Thankful to be reading a good book before bed that talks about certain people that would have been with Jesus his last year. I love reading historical fiction. I like the authors that research world history so that we have the big picture of that time period.
Thankful that I was finally able to get back to the gym. I walked 40 minutes on the treadmill and then I relaxed on the heated hydro massage. Also thankful for the invite to my son's home and we took Minnie. She was so happy to be there to visit family. She spent a lot of time with Marina, her first human mommy. We had dinner and brought food home.
I am thankful I was able to go shopping today. I found a new pair of walking shoes that I liked. I went to the Sketchers store and they had a whole section of wide width shoes. My current shoes are about 3 years old and they are still comfortable. I walked around the store looking at other shoes. Though I saw some I liked better, they did not fit. I had to go for comfort over style. I already bought a pair of Sketchers black slip on that will be great for the airport. I sill plan to take my old ones just in case.
I bought a couple of more shirts that were on sale but not for the trip. Thankful for the new things that I will use whether I go to Israel or not. I will just consider that they are birthday gifts to me! My granddaughter and I share a birthday that will be on the 12th. Our 52nd anniversary is on the 10th.
Saturday 9: Sugar, Sugar (1969)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
This month Saturday 9 will be tasty, featuring songs with food in the title.
1) This week's song is credited to The Archies, a band that never actually existed. The song is performed by singer Ron Dante and studio musicians and backup singers hired on behalf of the five members of the popular Saturday morning Archie Show. Were you a fan of this animated series? I watched it a few times and won the album and youth group.
2) Archie was Archibald Andrews, a character first introduced in the 1941 comic strip. Archie was the linchpin, the leader of the band, and the center of his social group. Tell us about one of the popular kids from your school days. That was over 52 years ago. There was a guy named Desni Scott who was popular and fun. At the senior talent show, a girl was singing Carly Simon's song, You're so Vain and he came strutting out. It was so funny and he played is part well.
3) The Archies' drummer was Jughead Jones. He was smart, funny, and had a fondness for headwear. Do you often wear hats or caps? Yes, I do when I am going to be outside for a while, especially because I have had skin cancer on my face.
4) Reggie was the lead singer and bass player. He was a gifted athlete who liked to come in first. If he couldn't win with his natural talents, he was not above cheating. Have you ever cheated in a friendly game? I probably fudged a bit as a child.
5) Blonde Betty Cooper was on the tambourine. Her hobbies include playing baseball, caring for her cat, and helping Archie work on his car. Tell us three of your favorite pastimes. Reading, Bible journaling crafting and listening to music. Right now I am watching a lot of YouTube videos of Israel.
6) Raven-haired Veronica Lodge was the keyboardist and joined Betty for backup vocals. She was a fashion plate, known and loved by Riverdale store owners because of her willingness to spend big bucks to stay on trend. What's the latest thing you've added to your wardrobe? 1 pair of shoes, 3 shirts and a wire free sports bra.
7) The biggest news story of 1969 was one of the biggest stories in history. On July 21, man first stepped onto the moon. Without looking it up, do you remember the astronaut's name? Armstrong and Aldrin. I was at youth group, and we all watched it on a tiny television that someone brought.
8) Also in 1969, Triple H was born and today he's in the WWE Hall of Fame. Do you follow professional wrestling? No.
9) Random question – Would you prefer to be: a) super successful in business or b) a politician elected to an influential office or c) a champion athlete? A.
BONUS #10: Mister Linky has become extremely hard to navigate and no one is home at the Help Desk. How do you feel about leaving your link in the comments? I guess that would work.
Thanks to Susanne & Sam for the memes, links are on the left.


8 comments:
I found that my cataract surgeries went well, easy and results were good. I hope yours goes well.
I know how excited you are to go to Israel. I hope you are able to go. The book you are reading goes well with your trip too. It is good that you can read and prepare ahead of time for the trip.
Thanks Willow! I went back and added the picture we took at my son's house. Have fun on your vacation!
What a wonderful treat to get together with your family. I wish you well for your cataract surgery. I love this weeks song. It brings back many memories.
Happy anniversary & Happy Birthday!
You're so excited for your Israel trip! i hope you get to go!!
Nice you could get together with family and have the peace regarding your cataract surgery. Thankfully i eat mostly a plant based diet so I don't need the surgery quite yet.....each year my opthamologist says "you must eat mostly plants...i can tell by your eyes" Who knew??!!
Happy (early) anniversary and birthday! My mom would be turning 92 on August 11 if she was alive. My niece who lives in Scotland turns 35 on the 11th. and I'm attempting a HUGE remote hike in one of the wilderness areas of the ADK on the 11th!!
enjoy the rest of the weekend
That's a great photo of your beautiful family.
Happy early birthday and anniversary!
I'm glad the trip is looking hopeful.
My husband's cataract surgery went well. He just had a 6 month checkup and all looks good etc. Keeping in prayer for that and your trip. smiles
Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment