Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Wednesday Hodgepodge & Prayer Request


1. Summer's here!  In the northern hemisphere anyway. If you're in the southern hemisphere substitute winter for the word summer. What do you love most about summer? What's your biggest summer pet peeve? Since I am retired summer days are just another day. I do enjoy the down time from all my groups to catch up on projects. I do not like the super hot days we get in July-mid October. We seem to get more days in the 100's but at least we rarely get humidity. The worst thing is the mosquitos! The rest of the year is mild since we live in So Calif. We were more active when the grands were younger. Now they all want to do their own things. We still get to see the grands often and will be here more to help with Minnie.

2. What song always reminds you of summer? Anything Beach Boys

3. What's something you remember about your childhood summers? Do you think kids today get to enjoy summer the way you did as a child? Elaborate.
I have a lot of good memories of summers as a child. Most of them are playing outside. Playing in the sprinklers on a hot summer day. We loved the Slip N Slide. Swimming at the community plunge, beach days, riding our bikes in the evening with playing cards on the spokes. Lots of outside time, sunshine and friends. I don't thinks kids of today get the same experience that we did when life was simpler. Electronic takes more time. Neighborhoods are not the same anymore. Kids not can't just roam the streets in safety. One thing that is true, kids love to be out of school! 

4. We celebrate Father's Day on June 21st. Do you favor your dad in looks or temperament? Tell us something about your dad. Or your husband as a dad. Or a son/son-in-law as a dad. Or your grandpa.
I favor my dad, both in looks and temperament when it comes to the social aspects. We both like to be around people. Dad passed in 2013 and I still miss him so much. I shared pictures of him in my last post.  My husband and son Andrew are good dads and they both cook too!


For those of you who read my last post, I am the girl on the left.
 A summer memory taken outside my dad,



 
5. Let's wrap up with a summer this or that-
flip flops or sandals~sandals
beach or pool~beach
watermelon or peaches~peaches
shorts or sundress~shorts
iced coffee or ice cold lemonade~iced cold peach tea
amusement park or water park~water park for sure...Waterpark and Disneyland! 

6. Insert your own random thought here. I mentioned in my previous post that we were taking Minnie to a specialist. She has a large mass in her colon. We discussed options and surgery would be over $10000 and that does not include medications and chemo. Because the mass is big, they suspect that it probably has metastasized. So, we are going with the second option of making her comfortable, loving her and then helping her when her times comes to cross that Rainbow bridge and join her mom and other family dogs. I would appreciate prayers during this hard time. 




10 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

Your summer memories sound wonderful, life was simpler without electronics.
Wonderful photos of you and your family!
Aww! Poor Minnie! Sending love and hugs. I am so sorry.

Faith said...

Love the pics and i did remember to pray for you today :)
Wonderful memories of your dad.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Such a lovely Hodgepodge, Susan. I enjoyed reading your summer memories and all the things you’re thankful for. I’m so sorry about sweet Minnie — my heart hurts for you. I’m praying for comfort, wisdom, and lots of peaceful moments with her. Sending love your way.

Annie said...

You will definitely have prayers. So sorry to hear the news but God can turn things around and can give you all comfort. Hugs.

Joyce said...

I'm so sorry about your sweet pup. That's hard. I love the photo of your dad with all those littles around him. What a sweet picture!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yes, the down time is nice for you. Yes, we do get hot days but with some humidity but not as bad as other states. Yes, that's why I want to spend time with James before he grows up. The Beach Boys are a good choice. Yes, our summers were so much fun. That's a sweet photo. I'm so sorry about Minnie. Keeping her in my prayers. ((HUGS))

Carla from The River said...

Hello,
I am sending a BIG hug. I will be keeping you and Minnie in my prayers.
I loved your summer memories, having playing cards in the spokes.. so fun!!
xo
Carla

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susan. So sorry to hear about Minnie. I know you and your family will make her happy until her time comes to join others in her puppy family. God bless you all.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings Aussie Jo said...

Great answers, such nice memories

Kirstin said...

I enjoyed your answers. I'm sorry about Minnie. :(